Toyota India today launched the new Fortuner line – a 4×4 variant of the existing Legend 4×2 AT
The updated Toyota Fortuner was launched in India earlier this year. Later in April, it got a price hike. It has once again received a hike in prices in October 2021. But along with the hike in prices, it has also got a new variant.
Till now, the top of the line 2021 Fortuner Legend AT variant was offered with only 4×2 drive. Today, Toyota announced the launch of the Legend AT 4×4 option. Its price is Rs 42.33 lakh. The price of Toyota Fortuner Legend 4×4 AT is around Rs 3.7 Lakh more as compared to 4×2 AT Legend.
Key Features of the New Legend 4X4 Variant
– Catamaran style front and rear bumpers
– Sharp and sleek front grille with piano black accents
– 18″ multi-layered machine cut finish alloy wheels
– Split quad-LED headlamps with waterfall LED line guide signature
– sequential turn indicator
– Dual tone black roof
– Dual tone (black + maroon) interior theme
– Premium 11 JBL speakers with subwoofer
– Contrast stitching for the steering wheel and console box
– Interior ambient illumination (instrument panels, front door trim, front foot-well area)
– Superior suction-based seat ventilation system (front row)
– rear USB port
– Kick sensor for power back door
– wireless smartphone charger
TKM’s insight into customer feedback points to the growing preference for SUVs in India. The large size SUV market is small in volume, which makes it competitive. Toyota Fortuner has long held the leadership position in this segment. Since its launch here in 2009, more than 1.7L units have been sold till date.
Mr. V. Viselin Sigamani, Associate General Manager (AGM), Sales & Strategic Marketing, said, “At TKM, we bring innovation and new products to market to meet the aspirations of our customers and the changing needs of the market. The new Legend 4X4 AT variant is another such initiative as many customers have expressed their desire for the 4X4 variant for even better performance.
We expect customers to be thrilled with the new variants and top-of-the-line off-roading and city driving capabilities offered by the Legend. We are grateful to them for their tremendous trust and confidence in Toyota products over the years. On this occasion, we would also like to wish our customers a very happy festive season.
“The Legend has seen an increase in sales and till date, we have sold over 2700 units of the 4X2 variant across the country. With the Fortuner, the Legend is enthralling SUV enthusiasts with best-in-class quality, durability and reliability.”